1. Modernization of Indian Railways Agreement is signed by which two countries?
Ans. India and Belgium
2. Who is appointed as the new Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)?
Ans. Gopinath Pradhan
3. Which bank in India get the Banking Technology excellence Award recently?
Ans. South Indian Bank
4. Geeta Chaudhary is associated with which sports item?
5. Which company has been ranked by Forbes on August 2012 as the first among the World’s 25 largest oil companies?
Ans. Saudi Aramco
6. Which sports person became the most decorated Olympian of all time with 19 medals after winning a gold medal in the 4/200 meeter freestyle relay in London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Michael Phelps
7. Which country along with India will begin their joint INDRA-2012 anti terror military exercises in the Siberian republic of Buryatia on August 2012?
8. Name the first Indian who win a medal in Badminton in the history of Olympics?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
9. What is the name of the robotic space probe mission of Curiosity on August 2012?
Ans. Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
10. Who won the gold medal in 100 metres running at the 2012 London Olympics with a record time of 9.63 seconds?
Ans. Usain Bolt
11. Name the human gene discovered recently by the scientists that influences how people respond to flu infections?
Ans. ITFITM 3
12. World Elders Day is observed on which date?
Ans. October 1
13. Recently who has released the report titled ‘World Development Report 2013’?
Ans. World Bank
14. Who is the executive director of United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women?
Ans. Michelle Bachelet
15. In which country, the 7th Meeting of the women speakers of Parliament on Gender Sensitive Parliament was held?
16. Recently who has taken charge as the Chairperson and Managing Director of Allahabad Bank?
Ans. Shubhalakshmi Panse
17. What is India’s growth forecast for the current fiscal as per the Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
Ans. 5.6 per cent
18. Which paramilitary force of India has recently celebrated it’s golden jubilee year?
Ans. Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
19. Who has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Georgia?
Ans. Bidzina Ivanishvili
20. Who is the non resident Indian settled in Colarado in US, has been proposed to the Nobel Peace Prize by the US government?
Ans. Malireddy Srinivasulu
21. Who is the author of the novel “The Casual Vacancy”?
Ans. J.K Rowling
22. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Cricket Selection Committee?
Ans. Sandeep Patil
23. The National Institute of Urban Affairs is located in which city?
Ans. New Delhi
24. Which state government has launched Annshri Yojana, under which around two lakh families will receive a monthly cash transfer of Rs. 600 per month?
25. Who had led the controversial Operation Blue Star in Amritsar in 1984 and is recently in news because of attacks on him?
Ans. Kuldeep Singh Brar
26. Recently in which Pakistan city, Shadman Chowk is renamed as Bhagat Singh Chowk?
27. Targeting mainly at school children, Oxford University Press (OUP) has launched a book on Gandhi on the occasion of his 143rd birth anniversary. What is the name of the book?
Ans. My Early Life: An Illustrated Story
28. Recently which country and India have announced the collaboration to build a model smart city, which will serve as a template for replication?
29. Who has been recently re-elected as President of World Squash Federation?
Ans. N. Ramachandran
30. Recently, who is conferred with the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award?
Ans. Tessy Thomas
31. Who is the present President of the Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU)?
Ans. Abdelwahad Radi
32. Who is the head of the government appointed panel on legislative reforms in the financial sector?
Ans. B.N Srikrishna
33. World Teacher’s Day is observed on which date?
Ans. October 5
34. Who is the winner of 27th Indira Gandhi Award for National integration?
35. Who is the winner of Vallathol Award 2012?
Ans. Yusafali Kechery
36. Who is the winner of Vayalar Ramavarma Literary Award 2012?
Ans. Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri
37. Niryat Shree and Niryat Bandhu awards are given for the promotion of export sector. Which bank has won the gold trophy in Niryat Bandhu Award recently?
Ans. Canara Bank
38. Recently, which stock exchange was halted for around 15 minutes as freak trades triggered a 15 per cent drop in the index?
Ans. National Stock Exchange (NSE)
39. Recently, which country has extradited radical Islamist preacher Abu Hamza al Masri to the US?
40. Recently, which institution has declared to help the Indian government with a $500 million loan to support its scheme for universalizing secondary education, the Rashtriya Madhyamik Shisha Abhiyan (RMSA)?
Ans. World Bank
41. The Prithvi –II, the surface-to-surface missile was successfully test fired from Odisha. What is the range of this missile?
Ans. 350 km
42. The 6th October 2012 marks the 125th birth anniversary of Le Corbusier, the Swiss-born French Architect. Which Indian city was designed by him?
43. Which day is observed on 5th October 2012?
Ans. Global James Bond Day
44. Name the Indian cartoonist who was detained in Mumbai on charges of sedition?
Ans. Assem Trivedi
45. Who were the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in Medicine?
Ans. Sir. John Gurdon & Shinya Yamanka
46. Who were the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in physics ?
Ans. Serge Haroche & David J Wineland
47. On 7th October 2012, who won his countries presidential election for a third time and a historically high turnout and now will start a fourth term as President of Venezuela?
Ans. Hugo Chavez
48. Who were the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in Chemistry?
Ans. Robert J Lefkowitz & Brian K Kobilka
49. Who is the Nobel Prize winners of 2012 in Literature?
Ans. Mo Yan(Guan Moye)
50. Which organization was awarded the nobel prize for peace in 2012?
Ans. European Union (EU)
51. Which city is the host for the eleventh edition of Ananya Dance Festival?
Ans. New Delhi
52. Who is named as it’s female athlete of the year by the European Athletics Federation?
Ans. Jessica Ennis
53. In which city, the Central Bee Research and Training Institute is located?
54. Who is the brand ambassador of the Nirmal Bharat Yatra, which has began on October 3?
Ans. Vidya Balan
55. Recently in which state of India, RTI Week 2012 was launched?
56. Recently, in which city, South Asia’s first knowledge hub in various languages for elected rural women representatives was launched by US women?
57. Which coiuntry is the host for International seminar on Energy Access?
58. In which country, the 9th International Women Playwrights Conference was held?
59. Recently an absurd and anti-Muslim film has created furore in the Middle East. What is the title of that film?
Ans. Innocence of Muslims
60. In which country, the Football Link International Festival 2012 was started recently?
61. According to the ‘Children in India 2012 A Statistical Appraisal’ report, Which state has reported the highest number of crimes against children?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
62. The T.L Shankar Committee report deals with which sector?
Ans. Coal Sector
63. Which country has hosted an international conference on disaster risk management with the support of world bank?
64. Which automobile major has developed the ‘insect car’, a new smart concept car that monitors driver’s face to help predict what he want to be next?
65. Which force has celebrated it’s 80th anniversary on 8th October 2012?
Ans. Indian Airforce
66. Which application is launched by the Indian Railways on 10th October 2012 to track the position of train?
Ans. Rail Radar
67. What is the name of the new motorcycle that Royal Enfield has launched on 11 October 2012?
Ans. Thunder bird 500
68. Which countries launched a joint reserch project in to pricing structures in LNG markets on 10th october 2012?
Ans. Japan and India
69. Who become the World’s No. 1 Personal Computer (PC) maker?
70. Name the Malayalee who appointed as Supreme Court Judge in Singapore?
Ans. Sundaresh Menon
71. Who is appointed as the new Defence Secretary of Pakistan?
Ans. Left. Gen. (Rtd) Aasif Yasin Malik
72. Who is the first gold winner of London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Yee Siling
73. Name the first medal winner of India in London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Gagan Narang
74. Who is the new Home Minister of India?
Ans. Sushil Kumar Shinde
75. Who wrote the Book ‘Pakistan Beyond the crises State’?
Ans. Dr. Mahila Lodhi
76. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Competition Commission on India?
Ans. Ashok Chawla
77. Name the country that India signed an agreement for the modernisation of Indian Railways
on August 2012?
78. Indian Government decided to allow investment with the objective of boosting bilateral economic relations from which country?
79. Who is the second medal winner of India in the London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Vijay Kumar
80. Hameed Ansari is the second person to hold the position of India’s Vice President twice. Who was the first person?
Ans. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
81. Who is appointed as deputy Chief Minister of Manipur?
82. Who became the 1st player from Japan to win French Open Super Series 2012 against Saina Nehwal?
Ans. Minatsu Mitani
83. Who won the Miss International title 2012?
Ans. Miss Japan Ikumi Yoshimatsu
84. Who won the women’s single Denmark Open title 2012?
Ans. Saina Nehwal